Saturday, February 9, 2013

The beginning of the Dining Room

Worked on the dining room. Nothing fancy, I used some scrapbook paper that my friend gave me for the wallpaper and the flooring. I love how well it blends together. I thought both looked like it would fit into an old farmhouse. For the flooring I cut out a template of the floor and then glued on the paper, made some impressions in the paper to resemble linoleum squares. I used an antique gold paper for the outside border of the room. I then added some paint here and there and once that dried, I sanded the paper and paint. Need it to have that worn look. ;)  Finally I added a coating of matte varnish and sanded that some after it dried. I really like the looks of it. The kitchen is off to the left of the room, and the door goes out to the front porch. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment