Friday, February 1, 2013

Trying to make a LED candle


I have been playing with LED's. I would really like to make my lights for this house as I can not afford to purchase all of them, plus I like being able to make them myself. Unique and different. I had some "mini" friends recommend going here for some tutorials and to purchase of "parts" for my fixtures. Love this site, she has so many great things to use for lights and you don't usually find anything like what she has. Another lady has been working on LED's and using them for her house. Her blog is here and full of information as well. 

So, I had some chip LED's I had bought from Evan Designs. I decided to experiment a bit and dipped one of them into Triple Thick and hung it upside down to dry so it would get the appearance of a candle. After it was dry I dipped it again to get a little thick "flame", again hung that to dry upside down. After that was dry I dipped it into amber stained glass paint. Hang to dry again. While it was drying I cut a small piece of cardstock and rolled it with a toothpick to create the candle. Once the flame was dry I put the wires down inside the cardstock candle. Put that into a bead that I had added a globe too. I really like the realistic look of it. Now going to work at making a chandelier. 


2 comments: