Friday, February 8, 2013

Another old radio but this time....

I have been busy with life but the other day I did get to go to Radio Shack and get some "goodies."  Lots and lots of electronic components to play with. LOL ;)

The idea of making something turn on or light up or move is fascinating me.

I began working on a new project last night. A 1937 Console Floor Radio. 












 I will put together a small tutorial if anyone would be interested. First I need to make sure everything works like it should in my head. :) I seem to work best hands on. So, I will be working on finishing this up today, and we will see what happens.







                                                                                                                              I plan on having a cheap mp3 player that I have taken apart inside the radio.






Thanks to Holly over at Greenleaf forum, for sharing her wonderful memories of sitting and listening at her Grandparents house to the radio shows. Times sure where different and I am sure in many ways nicer back then. I have some 1940's Radio shows and music on it. I am going to add a speaker to the mp3 and see about setting up a power button on the radio to work the player. Wish me luck.





No comments:

Post a Comment