Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cellar doors





Underneath the doors is the electric system of to the house. I decided to finish my cellar doors. I had worked on them awhile ago but got stuck on the hinges. I wanted to make them, but wasn't sure what to use. Then one day, I thought about Tim Holtz
Grunge board. It is very study, and doesn't tear easily  and you can cut it with scissors or a xacto knife.




I love how they turned out. ;) After I painted them black I let that dry and touched them with a rust color paint. After that all dried, I used gloss varnish. I also wanted the hinges to have nails in them. I have a thick black dimensional paint and used that and dabbed it on where the nails would be.  It added the dimension that I needed for it to look like nail heads.


1 comment:

  1. They look awesome - so real! A job very well done (^^)

    MiniHugs, Irina

    ReplyDelete