Saturday, February 2, 2013

Making molds and Castings

Been experimenting with making molds and casting. It is fun!!!  Part of what I love about this house is all the architectural details it has. But, that is also a problem as in miniature there is nothing like what this house has on it. So, I need to make my own doorway and window pediment, as I can not find anything like these.



I had some resin molding and used a small piece of that, cut several strips of card stock with decorative scissors and glued those together, then added a couple pieces of matte board and some brackets. It turned out pretty close to what is on the house.



I had to make the windows also. They are alittle bit bigger in length then what you can find in miniature. I love the looks of the pediment.

Here is what the molds look like and the first of each size casting.



Now I have all the castings done. They are so fun to make. I have found a new way to make the miniature things that I need and not have to buy all of it. I like that.




1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! They look wonderful, and they will be uniquely yours!

    ReplyDelete