Wednesday, October 24, 2012

 I originally was going to have the refrigerator here. But, decided that the kitchen needed a pantry. That will also hide the wire from the front porch light. :)

But, by making a pantry I needed to cut out some of the bead board that was already glued in. Oops!
 Here is my pantry. Again, using the supplies that I have on hand, I put together a small wall that will go all the way to the ceiling in the kitchen. I have a ceiling in the pantry and will be installing a LED light in here and run the wire down through the floor and into the basement entrance and attach a switch there.



I needed to make a door. I was looking at some online and seen some pantries that have screen doors. I fell in love with them. So, I made my door. I love the way it turned out. This was the first time I have really used the teeny tiny nails (brads) for what they are suppose to be for, attaching the hinges. :) LOL









I love it! Yes, the door opens and shuts. I was thinking that I can hear the boards creaking on the floor, the old door squeaking and the old house noises. :)

I love the floor. I am very happy that I went with this floor and not the other tile one. I just I will have to find some other place for that. Maybe a hallway, ripped and torn up and patched with other tile. hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just adore your house! I love old grungy things as well.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete