Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Electricity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Ok, so this is a little new to me. I have done some basic wiring in one dollhouse. That doesn't mean that I can figure this out. I am wanting to run tape wire throughout the house because I don't know exactly where I will be putting all of the lighting fixtures. But, I also want to use hard wire to run some of the lights that I know where are going to be. I read a post at Greenleaf about running wires through the house and onto a piece of tape wire. I am using my basement entrance way to hide my wiring and make it easy to access. I did all the soldering but once I plugged in the transmitter it started to smoke!!!!! So...... started over again. I am still not sure what I did wrong, but I got it fixed. I also found out about a product that I didn't know they had... Liquid Electric Tape!!! YES!!! What a great product. As you can tell, I was a bit messy with it. But, this was before I tore it all up, it removed easily.  So now I have lights throughout the lower half of my house. Including on/off switches. :)


My tape wire in the lower half.














Now to figure out how to make the LED's to work
with the tape wire and hard wire...... hmmmm.
Anyone have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment